Monday, September 15, 2008

Meet our new Mom-preneur...and a contest!


My Mom-preneur series features local Mommys who are not only doing a fabulous job of raising their children but are small business owners too! I have been very lucky to have started a business that I LOVE through great clientele and word of mouth advertising. What I want to to do is help other Mothers get their names out there too! Supporting local businesses, especially Mom-owned businesses, is something I am passionate about! So please email me if you are interested in a featured spot on my blog.

This month's Mom-preneur is Adrianne Epstein of Creative Cards by Adrianne. Adrianne is an avid scrapbooker who would put any scrapbooking hobbyist to shame! Over the past couple of years she has turned her scrapbooking passion into a successful custom card and invitation business. Her designs range from the whimsical and fun to the posh and elegant and are available for any occasion. I have seen some of Adrianne anniversary party invitations and personalized baby announements with overlays of custom printed vellum and they are gorgeous!
Keep in mind that I am not a product photographer and these photos do not do the cards justice!
AN INTERVIEW WITH ADRIANNE: A little get to know you!

Please explain a little bit about your product/business and how you developed the concept behind it:

I started making cards for my son’s first birthday. I had so much fun and I thought that they turned out so creative. People started asking me if I would make cards for them and it went from there.

How do you balance your business and your family?
I work on my cards only when my sons are sleeping

Is there anything we can look forward to seeing in your business in the future?
Website orders

The reason I love what I do is ....its so much fun and gives me a creative outlet.

Most days I just need some…. extra time.

Don't count on me to .... not be a perfectionist

Saturday mornings you will find me ....a festival, a farmers market, or some fun activity with my family

If I am typically craving something it is ....
Cookies

My favorite local hang out is/are…(restaurant, other local happenings)….
Traders point creamery

Adrianne is working on a website to show off her creations. Currently, she is able to take your custom orders via phone. Just give her a call to discuss your card/invitation needs! 750-0188 or email her at adrigeise@hotmail.com.

And now for THE CONTEST:

Submit your name and email in the comments section below this post to enter to win a pack of Adrianne's cards (pack includes happy birthday, thank you and a variety of blank cards) as well as a $10 gift certificate which is good toward the purchase of any order.

Her personalized cards are the perfect gift for that special someone you know who already has everything! I've already submitted my order for my son's preschool teacher and some neighbors who have done a lot for us this year. Gotta start thinking about Christmas early (I know my friend Meg is laughing right now because she knows that I am ALWAYS at the mall on Christmas eve!)

I will pick the winner on the first of October!

6 comments:

Meg said...

HA! I bet you've already ordered your cards, right D? :)

I love contests! And Adrianne's cards look awesome!

You know my email - this is my entry!

strwberrryjoy said...

Maria Starr-- mariastarr2001@hotmail.com

Amy said...

Love the cards...may have to see if she can do something for my business!

Amy

a.ashleydesigns@gmail.com

The Beauty Bargainista said...

What adorable cards!! :) So much talent!

expressivestylegraphics@yahoo.com
(like you needed that, right? lol)

Unknown said...

I would love to win these beautiful cards!

dianabadgett@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh count me in!
carrie@cesphotography.com