Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Orleans

New Orleans. Ive always wanted to visit the French Quarter...stroll down Bourbon street with a cafe au lait, stop for beignets at the famous Cafe du Monde. Soak up the culture of this notorious city, its architecture, its colorful characters, and watch this wild town spring to life when the sun went down. To my surprise, I came to find out that night life seems to begin at ooohhh, lets see, 10am?

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to experience the French Quarter...a weekend away without the kids, just me and one of the coolest photographers I know, Kimbrali Boyd of Kimbrali Photography in Louisiana. Check out her blog and Im certain you will be blown away by her talent. Hang out on her blog awhile and you will see what a really fun, down to earth and truly sweet chic she is. Kim and I stayed at a really amazing hotel right outside of the French Quarter. You know, the kind of hotel where you feel just not quite cool enough to stay there but you pretend that you are...

Kim and I had lots of authentic "nawlins" food and bets on who could actually eat more (I think I lost the bet but only just barely), some late into the night talks, and of course a photo session with two gorgeous seniors. Hilary and Ainsley were so much fun to photograph, both of them so confident, full of energy and a blast to spend time with.

Here are a few from our New Orleans photo shoot!























3 comments:

kimbrali said...

they look awesome!!!! the color looks a little crazy but i know that has something to do with the freaking internet. ugh. that drives me crazy. i wish i could claim these :) you should definitely start marketing to seniors. fun fun!

Danielle Thompson said...

Seriously, I know! What is up with color?! Is it Blogger?

Thanks for the confidence boost!

Lyndsey Lewis said...

you hung out with Kimbrali...sooooo jealous! ;)