Saturday, January 3, 2009

I know. Im 2 days late with the winner! Sorry!

Happy New Year!!

I apologize for the delay in posting the winner to A. Ashley Designs contest! I have been totally unplugged this weekened. No internet! I started having withdrawl symptoms on Friday...shaky hands...heart palpitations. Can anyone really live without Facebook for 3 days?! I blame my friend Meg who said back in November, "Come on, just try it.." and Ive been addicted ever since. It might be time to buy a Blackberry or something. Its finally come to that.

We drove down to Kentucky this weekend to my husbands parents house (hence the internet free environment). As some of you already know, my mother in law passed away in November after complications from pneumonia. We went down this weekend to spend time with Dad and go through Dorothy's personal things which was just too difficult for her husband to do.

On one hand the experience was horrible and sad and so difficult and my husband and I cried a lot. But on the other hand, as I sifted through years of photos of Dorothy and her boys along with room after room of a life spent creating and crafting in a place decorated exactly to fit her personality, I couldn't help but feel joy for the time I have spent with her and joy at all of the life she lived in her short time here on earth.

I am comforted by the fact that I now have some things that she created with such skillful hands to place in my own home which will remind me of her everyday. I also feel a sense of comfort in knowing that she is no longer suffering. As we drove away from the house tonight, Collin (my three year old) told me that Nana was in heaven with God and he has fixed her lungs. He said that she hadn't died. She was alive but just couldn't be with us because she is in heaven. (Please keep in mind that the only religious teaching he has had so far is from our wonderful Christian babysitter who tells him a few things here and there) Somehow he put it all together and in a few short sentences, he soothed my soul. I love that kid.

Oh yeah. You are waiting for the contest results!!!

by a random pull from the hat...the winner is....

Allyson! (@two tuxedos)
Congratulations, Allyson! I will email you with details about how to redeem your gift certificate!

Ok...Im off for one quick facebook fix before I get to sleep in my own wonderful bed tonight.

1 comments:

Hi! My name is Janet. said...

Danielle, I don't think we've talked about heaven. I have no idea where he got that, but somehow I'm not surprised. haha.